Appointed by the Royal Sun Alliance insurer, TSS Survey managed the repair claim works to repair a property extensively damaged by internal flooding caused by a first-floor leak.
The damage to the house was the result of a failed pipe fitting behind the shower in the first-floor bathroom which caused the escape of water. The cause of the leak may well have been attributed to poor workmanship undertaken by the original builder when installing the pipework or simply a poor quality fitting.
All rooms had been affected by the escape of water with the exception of the first-floor rear bedrooms.
- All chipboard flooring within the affected first floor rooms needed to be renewed as the joints had started to swell.
- The property was built with the first-floor wall partitions constructed on top of the chipboard flooring after the whole of the chipboard flooring was laid to form the first-floor level of the property. This meant that the plasterboard from the first-floor wall partitions needed to be removed, the stud partitions needed cutting out at low level and the flooring needed to be removed from under the sole plates of the partitions.
- The joists supporting the first-floor level were engineered “I” beam joists which formed part of the structural integrity of the property and therefore care had to be taken to ensure they were not compromised throughout the repair.
- The ceiling in the ground floor lounge (which had been partially removed by others) needed to be renewed. The walls to the ground floor level had been damaged by others when the skirting boards had been removed and required repair and replacement in places.
All the rooms required full redecoration including emulsion to the walls and ceilings, and primer coat, undercoat and gloss finish to the woodwork and doors.
The electrics required testing and an associated report producing stating what, if any, damage had been caused by the escape of water.
End-to-end customer care:
From the initial appointment and the attendance by our TSS surveyor to provide the report and estimate, the subsequent pre-start meeting with our nominated supplier once the works had been approved, to the timely completion of a quality job, the team provided a high-quality service and positive customer journey.
TSS Survey worked closely with our nominated suppliers to devise a realistic programme of works. We kept the policy holder informed throughout and did our best to help them during this time of significant disruption, ensuring their home was returned to its pre-loss state as quickly as possible.
In addition to completing our customer satisfaction survey, the policy holder took the time to send the following email letter of thanks
I’d like to send a quick email to thank you for your efforts over the last 16 weeks:
- Clearly articulating what to expect during the repair works and processes what my wife and I needed to do in order to prepare the house.
- Returning my calls whenever I had questions or queries.
- Your hands-on approach and visits to the property – I found that face to face contact helped us to feel more confident in the process.
- The repair works started promptly after the Christmas break and it was clear the team from your supplier were well briefed.
Many thanks again